Smokey-Joe

Hola peoples!
Another week, another post. This time its Smokey-Joe. I wanted to do something a little different, so I went for a Noir Detective feel. I'm not exactly sure what inspired it, that was just the mood I was in. Joe was made possible by, pencil, ball-point pen, sharpie, a brush pen, and that magical thing they call Photoshop. Joe originally had some finer linework, but as I started in with the brush pen, I ditched it. I just liked the look of the heavier lines so much better. I felt like that was much more appropriate for this particular piece. I also really felt like it needed something a little extra, hence the grainy feel. I think it helps to add a certain mood and character to the piece.
As far as Air-Heart is concerned, I'm coming along slowly but surely on the second book. I've been busy applying to some jobs, so I haven't had quite as much time to concentrate on drawing as I'd like. Either way it'll all get done on schedule, heck I've given myself until the end of March to get this next story done - so there's plenty of time. Well, that's all for now folks, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment