The Poster, Posts A Poster

click for larger view
Hey peeps! As promised, new artwork! It's been far too long as I'm sure most of you know. This image is a trinity of Amelia, Joey and Cap. If you've been following Air-Heart for a while, you may notice a few of the subtle costume changes and stylistic improvements. I'm shooting for a slightly more streamlined look along the lines of one of my biggest idols Bruce Timm. If you're unfamiliar with him, check him out now! In some of my more recent work I felt that I was going a bit overboard with details and ultimately setting myself back as far as productivity is concerned. Coinciding with my "fresh start" I'm trying to get back to the swift lines and less is more style that got me excited about working on Air-Heart in the first place. React with comments below if you like!

Regarding the development of the next Air-heart book, I'm currently in the writing / planning stage of the process. I have a solid direction for the story, but I'm working on narrowing down the specifics and getting everything organized. At this point, I'm still not certain if I'm going to work full-script or from a tighter outline. The writer in me would definitely like to explore the possibilities of dialogue that come out of scripting a story from top to bottom, but the artist in me would rather work looser and focus on letting the story develop organically. It's a bit of an internal struggle at the moment, but I feel like the answer will fall somewhere in the middle. The plot is also a bit up in the air as I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate all of the elements that I'd like to see come together in the new book. There are certain characters and plot points I'd really like to explore, but sometimes those things can be crammed in to the detriment of the story. I want to walk the line between cool action, interesting character development, and a concise story. It's an interesting adventure to be sure, and one I'm looking forward to exploring further in the months to come.

Before I go, a quick reminder to leave a comment below if you have a chance, I always love hearing from the people!  Lunch is calling so I'll leave you for now, more as it develops!

=D=



6 comments:

  1. Love the fresh new look and am glad Amelia and Joey are back in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! Amelia and Joey are happy to be back, and say hello!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I'm really glad our conversations helped get you pumped about comics again-- they did the same for me, too. I keep trying to cram everything I wanna say about all this in one comment, but I don't think that's going to work... so yeah, let's talk about comics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Toast-Ette! I shall email you soon so we can talk more in depth about it all. Perhaps we can even collaborate on something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read "Taking Flight", and it's smashing! The only problem is that I want more...NOW! Incidentally, since I believe AM is a babe, I gotta say that I think Cap is no good for her...too old. I, on the other hand -- And that Joey: is he ever going to be satiated? Give the bunny a sandwich, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much! I'm working on making more as fast as I can. As far as Am goes, she is a single lady at the moment so... As for Joey, due to his insane appetite, we've had to give him a weekly sandwich allowance. We're hoping to step him down to normal consumption level over the course of the next few weeks... its a trying process.

    ReplyDelete