Fathoms - Preview

Pages 1-3 of Fathoms, Amelia's next big adventure. (Click for larger view)
Here it is! Come one, come all to the official Fathoms preview. I'm just one week into the shading process and making good progress. These set of pages mark a new step in my shading "language", that is, I've already established how to shade night scenes in my gray-shading style, but the underwater scenes are a new step. There's a pretty simple process involved, but it's still a new challenge for me.


I'm really happy with the way that the storm looks, the lightning really pops and the clouds look dark and ominous. Also, the shading on the surface of the water was a new one for me as well, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.

It's good to finally be shading once again, as this chapter has taken the longest of any since I began working on Air-Heart. That's mostly due to external factors, but a few internal ones as well. It's pretty easy to get lazy when you're feeling tired, and I've really had to push myself to get the inks done on this one. I'm very excited to finish the shading, however, because I'm looking forward to getting started on the next chapter.

Speaking of the next chapter, I have the whole story planned out and most of the early concept work out of the way as well. I'll be sharing that with you fairly soon. I'm very excited about the direction of the next story. I'm still not quite sure how long it will be though as I haven't started to do the thumbnails yet. If it comes out anything like I'm imagining, then it might wind up being closer to 35 pages instead of my usual 25 or so.

Well, that's all for now. Tune in next week for another post. I'm going to get back to posting once a week again on Fridays, so look forward to a second post this Friday. I'm not telling you what I'm posting, so you'll just have to come on over and check it out. Until then people!

No comments:

Post a Comment