Hello all! So, as I mentioned previously, I had three concerts back-to-back-to-back this past week. It made for some very sporadic posting to say the least . But that's all over now, and I'm back once again.

Today's image is for an idea I've been pondering for quite a while. One of the most common questions people ask about Avion (the world Air-Heart lives in) is; How did the skylands form? I've always had a fairly decent explanation to throw at them that involves some great cataclysm that occurred centuries before Amelia's time. But lately I've been thinking it might be cool to flesh out the story and perhaps insert it into the second book as an extra, a bonus story, detailing the myth behind the formation of the skylands. I've come to the conclusion that it was due to a fight between the three spirits - Earth, Water, and Sky that the world was changed forever. The drawing you see here is a concept sketch of the Sky Spirit, Avia for whom the planet was named after. I won't spoil the details of the story I have in mind, but I'm looking forward to playing around with it a bit and trying to figure out exactly how to tell it, and fit it in the book. I have several ideas already, but until I get down to writing it, you never know what's going to happen!

=D=

No comments:

Post a Comment