Closing In...with new ink!

So, I did it. I finally broke down and got some new ink for my printer! Talk about waiting too long... The good news is it was cheaper than I thought, and now I'm back to action on the last 1.5 pages of the first chapter.

I have some extra time ahead of me this evening, so if all goes well I may be able to finish the inking this week. After that, I'll pump out the cover and get down to the next step; shading, and lettering. There's always plenty of fun to be had there. The lettering is a real joy because I make it up on the spot, spur of the moment. Sure I have a pretty good idea of what the characters are going to say throughout the story, but by not setting it in stone, I allow myself the room to let the story develop naturally. It's made for some very happy accidents - things that I hadn't intended to be funny or cool take on a whole new life. It's really fun stuff. When I get the cover all finished up, I'll be sure to post it up!

=D=

No comments:

Post a Comment